Translate

Saturday, July 27, 2013

Adventure 7 (puigmAl summit)

Our next adventure took us to France to attempt a summit of Puigmal-a mountain that intimidates me not only because of its name, but I've had failed summit attempts in the past due to fatigue, weather, etc. 

I am happy to report that today was a success!  A wonderful day climb nearing almost 10,000 feet in altitude offering amazing views. Highly recommended for those passing through the Pyrenees. 

The loop hugged the Spanish and French border offering the feeling that we were in top of the world. 

We submitted just in time and were chased back down by threatening skies. 

After the climb to nearly 10,000 feet us 15km of walking needless to say I'm looking forward to my glass of cava with lifeice curettes to recharge!

More photos to come. Thank you to Walid the photographer and Pepi who ran circles around us!!


No comments:

Post a Comment