Translate

Friday, February 1, 2013

This month I will be racing in honor of...

As you know, every month I will be completing my challenge in honor of one special woman from the Women for Women International program.

I just received a letter in the mail from Anastasia, a woman I sponsored last year from Rwanda.  She graduated the program and wrote a letter to thank me.  Prior to this, Anastasia and I did not make any contact, and I was especially touched to read this when it came in the mail.

Beloved Colleen, 

I first great you, and ask how you are doing.  I am a mother and am 53 years old.  I have 7 children, 4 girls and 3 boys.  I am a widow.  

I would like to thank you for the sponsorship that you gave to me, one without even knowing each other.  The training that I got was so useful to me.  I am now able to stay in a rented house.  I do appreciate you so much.  I learned how to manage the family wealth, how to save.  The most thing that I like is gardening because it is so useful to me.  

I would like you to come to Rwanda so we can get to know each other more.  It is the raining season now.  

Thank you again, 
Anastasia

This next adventure, my first iron man 70.3,  will be in honor of Anastasia, the women of Rwanda and as always Women for Women International.

If you are interested to sponsor a sister, and help someone like Anastasia in a simple one year program see below for further information.

I would like to learn more about sponsorship.

No comments:

Post a Comment