Translate

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Pre-race night


Hello all. 

We have arrived safely to Panama.  We spent Friday checking in, collecting our numbers, and preparing for Sundays race.  We took our bikes for a test spin along the ocean, and even fit in a little jog. 

Practicing in the aero bars...this will be my first race with them on my bike.  
Tucked into the shuttle with our bicycles en route to the transition area.  
This afternoon we dropped off our bikes, which leaves us only with the responsibility of getting ourselves to the starting line tomorrow morning bright and early. 
My bike, set up and waiting for tomorrow, Frank Gehry biodiversity museum construction underway.  
The first shuttle leaves at 4:30AM, so I suspect it will be an early morning.  

I believe once we emerge from the swim, we shall be trackable, though I'm not entirely sure.  The following link may be up and running tomorrow.  Before the race begins, tracking is not possible to locate.  http://www.ironman.com/ironmanlive#axzz2Jbh7YiY5.  My number is 577 and Walids is 647.  If the above link doesn't work, a google search of panama ironman 70.3 tracking, or panama 1/2 ironman tracking should lead you in the right direction if you would like to follow along. 

Otherwise, if all goes according to plan, I will post tomorrow night with the details. 

As this is my first 1/2 ironman I'm not entirely sure what to expect, though Walid approximates a finishing time for me of about 6.5 hours.  

I'm quite nervous, and I look forward to the race start when I hope the adrenaline will take over to calm my nerves.  

The swim exit.  From here we will run to the bike transition.  


2 comments:

  1. congratulations! I'm starting to train for a half marathon right now...will let you know how that goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to hear about it!! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete