Translate

Thursday, August 15, 2013

"Don't forget me, I will never forget you"

Returning from our latest adventure in the pyrenees, I checked my mail in Barcelona to find an envelope which always make me happy.  A Woman for Woman International envelope which contains a letter from Anastasia, a woman who I previously sponsored in Rwanda. 

After the program, with the skills learned, Anastasia was able to start gardening and selling in her local market.  For the first time in her life she is able to rent her own home for her family. 

This letter was similar to the many others I've received over the months, effusive thanks for the support during the program to allow her this freedom.  

Many months go by where I am focused on WFWI, the adventures, etc. and Anastasia creeps to the back of my mind.  Tears came to my eyes in the final line of her letter.  "Don't forget me.  I will never 
forget you."  



No comments:

Post a Comment