Translate

Sunday, October 26, 2014

Greetings from Kathmandu

Greetings from Kathmandu!

Since my last post I've had very limited cell phone wifi.  

We climbed up, nearing Kala Pattar, before turning around due to my altitude sickness. 

The morning of the 25th we woke up at 4:30 AM for our summit attempt. After an hour I was quite ill, blue lipped, and vomiting. We turned around and made our way back to our lodge in Langboche. 

After a quick breakfast we headed down the mountain. I felt better with every step back down!  We had a very long day making it all the way to Namche Bazaar. (35km in total plus a descent of nearly 2000 meters)

Yesterday morning we woke up and headed down with a goal of reaching Lukla. As we made our way down the mountain we had a final surprise!  A helicopter was picking us up in Phackding to bring us back to Kathmandu!  We scurried to our ride and last night enjoyed a private bathroom and shared a bed for the first time since we left! (We've been sleeping in twin beds with shared toilets in the hallway.  On the night I was the most sick, my birthday, we had an outhouse!)

Questions being answered soon San Miguel boys!


No comments:

Post a Comment