Translate

Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy 2014!

A belated Happy New Year from the adventurers.  Coming soon is a summary of our experience during our year of adventures…from the highlights to the low times.  Don't think with 2014 our adventuring is ending!  We already have signed up for the Great Wall Marathon in China in May, Walid will continue his efforts fundraising for Athletes to End Alzheimers as we head to South Africa for his 4th IronMan, plus a wonderful 6 day stage run this summer through the Fjords of Denmark with Albatros Travel!  With a few more hopefully up our sleeve!  So stay tuned, and keep up the good work!

My hope by beginning this adventure was to show that anyone can make a change.  I am by no means a professional athlete…if you look at my race results I am literally average.  I train, I enjoy, I do my best, and I make the most of every event I partake in.  Whether you work up to walking or running a local 5K, 1/2 marathon or go the crazy distance with an Everest Climb every little thing you do can make a difference.

As the year continues I will continue to post events that draw attention to important charities.  In London and around the United States there are often events for Run for the Congo for WFWI, but there are so many more great events out there!

Stay tuned for my detailed report of our years adventure.  Can you guess which was my favorite?

And do you have any adventures up your sleeve for 2014?

Colleen

No comments:

Post a Comment