Translate

Sunday, March 24, 2013

A new adventurer for the end of march!

GO DAD!!!  This morning I woke up to an email below from my Dad-a 2 time Iron Man, adventurer and athlete extraordinaire!  

This just in:

"Dear Colleen,

I am finally joining you in adventures, with a weeklong ironman.   Yes, instead of 17 hours, I am going t take all week. 140.6 miles, rode 14 yesterday, 41 today, ran 7 so 61 miles done.

I'll swim and bike tomorrow, then chip away all week long on the running and biking.


Love,
Dad"


Thanks Dad!  I will be following and reporting on your progress as the week goes on!

For those of you not familiar with a full ironman, as my Dad said, during this week he will complete a total of:

2.4 miles of swimming
180.25 miles of biking
26.2 miles of running



Done in a day it is an endeavor, but across a week (working too) its also a big undertaking!  Stay tuned for my Dads week long IronMan!  

*Note: This was written last night, Saturday, so 61 miles in, and when I called home today he was out, so I'm awaiting the Sunday report.  
Me. with Walid (husband) and my Dad, far right this past summer pre IronMan NYC!  (Number two for my Dad)
                                         
 Enjoying a visit with my Dad-for every athlete enjoys a bit of down time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment